Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What would Abe have done

Adam was recently kind enough to lend me the book, "Team of Rivals" about the life of Abraham Lincoln. I was amazed when a short way into this fascinating work I found out that Lincoln seldom had more than a single egg for breakfast and some fruit and bread at lunch. 

This giant of a man in every way possible made me realize how self indulgent I am to my own detriment. President Lincoln was gifted with strength and endurance mentally, physically and spiritually. 

I bring this up because I feel ashamed for the backward thinking that makes me think I could somehow eat too little. HA!!! I am not saying, "eat lettuce and skim milk". I am saying that figuring out how many calories my body needs and working from that is not "unhealthy". It is totally healthy and realistic. 

Take motivation wherever you can get it. The truth will set you free.  Love you guys.

2 comments:

janel. said...

That is awesome !!! I am proud of you.
Love,
Janel

Kate said...

Well said my love! "2 are better than one and a two fold cord is not quickly broken." I'm glad we're all sticking together!