Monday, January 12, 2009

Weigh in -weight out

Good morning fellow pigrims in the journey to have a lean, healthy body. This was a fan-tas-tic week. I had an excellent weight loss, but more imporantly I am enjoying eating healthier and I am feeling much healthier.

Thank you all for the motivation! 

I am not struggling between meals or feeling like I'm starving. That is huge. I believe it is at least partly due to watching my sodium input. We'll see how that theory plays out in a couple of weeks. The other part is that I figure if I'm only going to eat a certain number of calories, I want to make sure that each calorie, as much as possible, is high quality, a calorie that contributes to health. 

I want to make an analogy (you know I do). Imagine that you have a racing engine in your car, an engine that you spent a lot of time and money assembling and installing. You drive to the gas station to fill up, but on the way you go by a convenience store. "Hey, I think I'll stop and throw some Coca-Cola in the tank". What??????? Are you crazy. 

Of course you would never do such a thing, but we do it do our body. We do it to our heart and organs because truth be told, junk food is almost as useless and destructive to our bodies as coke would be in a gas tank.

Love you guys....Think Quality not quantity..and remember God built you and God don't build no junk...marvel in the gift you've been given and treat it with respect, dignity and care

Peace out

3 comments:

Kate said...

Very inspirational post this week lovey!! Makes a lot of sense. We are what we eat.....very true.

Faith said...

if we are what we eat - i am in part mac and cheese... that's my downfall :) far too often. I have taken the challenge to not eating fast food - it only adds to my risk of diabetes because of what it does to my sugar levels... and it makes me fat! hahah
Here's to lower sodium, more vegetables and less of me :) Go team Mac!!!

BigMac55 said...

I think a big part of the challenge is to look forward with a positive attitude in expectation of the good God has in store for us instead of dwelling in all the negative thoughts and emotions.
Touche to you

I was thinking today of that in respect to relationship with Jesus. He sees us in our poverty and need and wants to offer us abundance and riches in Him, but we are concerned with giving up junk. Well, NO MORE!