Monday, January 26, 2009

bean salad

Nicole's family makes this all the time and its really good; really filling too and lots of fiber!

Red Kidney beans
White kidney beans
diced Onions
diced Tomato
Italian Salad dressing (just enough to toss the salad a bit)
feta cheese

Simple and delightful. You can really add anything you want i know i have tried many variations of it at the house but this one is my favorite.

AND BY THE WAY - can i just add a small victory of my own. I have been MAKING DInnER. for some this is not a big challenge but for my family; dinner is usually cereal for mark and mac n cheese with fish sticks or hot dogs for me and david. NOT Healthy!

BUT lately i have been making meals, with chicken/pork/steak/fish and rice/pasta/potato, salad or some other veggie and i am loving it!

6 comments:

Kate said...

This recipe sounds great! I can't wait to try it out.

I happen to think that this is a wonderful victory for you. Every step in the direction of a healthy lifestyle is significant and counts toward overcoming a challenge. Our biggest challenges are our own bad habits. Those very habits are the most difficult things to face head on and overcome. You go girl!! Great job!! One step at a time.

BigMac55 said...

What mom means is she can't wait to have her househusband/personal cook/ domestic engineer try it out.

:-) Cool!

I'm so proud of you Faith. You are takings steps, like Mom said, towards health and freedom.

Praise God!

Kate said...

You got that right!! Oh, I mean, that would be wonderful dear househusband!! :) freshy!

Scotch Disciple said...

I'm proud of you Faith! I'm going to try that recipe :)

Faith said...

hey i have an idea - how about you try it out tonight?!?! since i will be there :)

BigMac55 said...

Sorry Faith. I got so busy yesterday that I didn't see your post until this morning, but I do plan to make this a staple in my kitchen. It's kind of like the old three bean salad, but healthier