Monday, January 26, 2009

Lasagna es diablo (temptation strikes)

Yesterday Mom and I went to Koko's to celebrate Becky and Ed's 25 th anniversary. Koko's cheese lasagna tasted soooo gooood. But such is true of sin in general, not that eating lasagna is sin per se, that it tastes sweet for a season and pays the wages of death in the end. 

I did eat too much. I guess I'm not ready for the world quite yet. Lasagna, noodles and Kielbasa, rice and hot sausage, kielbasa in barbecue sauce, meatballs in tomato sauce and then apple pie, angel food cake with strawberries and cookies. You get the idea, dive in and before ya know it, you've eaten like a pig. I gained 3 pounds from yesterdays weigh in.

I know it's largely water weight because my calorie count wasn't actually horrible, but I felt like crap going to bed and woke up feeling uncomfortable. Lesson learned. I am back on track this morning and eager to go forward. 

Love you guys...don't let a small slip up discourage you...get right back up and fight...plan your action and then stick to your plan....

2 comments:

Scotch Disciple said...

Great job getting back on the horse Pop!

Faith said...

that is sometimes the hardest part; not letting the slip ups (however big or small) stop you from getting right back up and on the track again. I'm proud of you!