Monday, January 19, 2009

Keep on Keeping On!

ok, so here we are starting week 3 already! Yup week 3. Time flies.....always it seems I guess.

I have to say that I wasn't expecting to lose any weight this week because I didn't FEEL like any had come off, but low and behold another 2 lb loss! I am amazed. I have renewed resolve this morning to keep on keeping on and will continue to work my plan. Using fitday.com has really simplified my efforts and has been a great tool to keep me on track.

Kudos are also in order for Dad's cooking! It's been a very nutricious and delicious 2 weeks of new recipes and being re-introduced to legumes which I am quickly becoming a HUGE fan of. (Huge on the inside and very small on the outside lol). Over the last 2 weeks we have enjoyed Black Bean Chilli with beef, lentil soup and a lentil stew with chicken along with many other great meals. Thanks Rick!! Awesome support and wonderful eating!!! :)

In addition I have stepped up my daily activities. I walk the stairs 2 or 3 times a day at work. I can make it to the 4th floor as of this week. I am definately breathing heavy by the time I get there but it will get easier the more I do it. When I first starting walking to the 3rd floor I encountered the same challenge. I also walk the treadmill 3 or 4 times a week for 30 - 60 minutes on level 1. I am planning to move to level 2 this week and see if I still live after that.....just kidding, sometimes it feels like I'll keel over, BUT I never do......soooo, keep on keeping on really fits here.

Well that's my 2 cents for now. Just thought I'd share what's been happening in my neck of the woods. I hope you are all reading along and will post some thoughts, struggles, victories, recipe ideas, weight loss tips, etc., whatever tickles your fancy and stay connected. We're here for you!!

~M

2 comments:

BigMac55 said...

I love taking care of you and look forward to doing so for a long, long time.

Kate said...

I love you babe!!