Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gym Rat

I may not qualify quite yet as an official gym rat, but I did go back today and I'm feeling great. I start with 30 minutes on the treadmill and then go once through the weight circuit finishing with 30 more minutes on the treadmill. I feel so alive and it only takes me an hour and a half.

What was the reason again that I stopped getting daily exercise???????

Eating right is definitely the foundation; without good nutrition I wouldn't have the energy to go. I can't wait for the cruise so I can show off my new swim trunks. My plan is to eat healthy, get lots of exercise and spend lot's of time in the pool. Wooo -hooooo

Before you all get just too impressed with me, I am planning on having two guilt free meals (not worrying about calories) while on the cruise.  I know so many people who say you gain 6-8 pounds while on a cruise. I plan to lose 6-8. Oh yeah!

Tip of the day: a mixture of aerobic and anaerobic exercise is most effective. Mix your cardio with some resistance training 

 

2 comments:

Kate said...

I for one applaud your gym time!! It's not easy to get rolling again after a brief stall. Great job! You are an inspiration.

~KT

Scotch Disciple said...

Great job Pop! I too just got back to the gym for the last couple of days after a looooooooooooong break. It's good to be back and great to see you treading along too! Keep it up!!