Monday, August 31, 2009

So what then for today?

It seems that Monday morning is always a chance for a new beginning. For some reason I usually start the week with a renewed sense of purpose.

This morning I am in need of just that; new beginning and renewed sense of purpose. I have been slowly slacking off on things over the last week or so. It all started with not doing the stairs as often at work; then I only hit the gym 2 times last week; then I started to eat some junk food. Just a little to start. Which then progressed to pizza on Sunday. AND I didn't walk on the treadmill at all. And as if this isn't bad enough; I didn't keep my food journal as accurately as usual. So as you can see from the account I have just laid out; I'm on a downward spiral that kind of crept up on me. No damage on the scale................yet. But that really isn't the point now is it?

Isn't it funny, how quickly you can veer right off the path and not even realize it until you purposely take a look and review the progress or lack of it I should say.

Needless to say, I packed a nice healthy lunch today and walked my first round on the stairs this morning. 2 more rounds to go. I usually walk them 3 times a day to get myself up and out of my chair to get my blood pumping and clear my head.

So what then for today?
Today I am.........

  • Getting my mind back on my healthy lifestyle goals
  • Renewing my commitment to exercise daily
  • Walk the stairs 3 times a day
  • Go to curves 3 times a week
  • Walk the treadmill 5 times a week
  • Eat healthy choices
  • Keep track of what I eat

Scripture for today: 1Corinthians 15:58

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

My Prayer for today:

Father, this verse is referring to the resurrection of Christ; reminding us that all we do is a work unto the Lord. The sting of our own death is avoided by the victory of Christ's death and resurrection for us. If we live according to our flesh, we live in vain. If we are steadfast in what you show us for our lives; that effort is not in vain and You will be glorified through us. Help us Father, to glorify you and honor Christ's efforts to save us from our sins.

Off to the stairwell for round 2!!

0 comments: