Monday, August 17, 2009

Down, down, down...........

I had a "weigh and measure" at Curves on Friday night.....yeah, I know, BEFORE the week-end. UGH! But I did manage to lose another 5.25" and another 1.25 lbs. Not a big weight loss, but I'm loving the inches going down especially when the big losses were the arms and hips.....oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about!! :) It' funny because I'm always shocked by the inches going down; I NEVER feel like I lost much but the tape measure doesn't lie now does it?

***************

So I'm in phase 3; trying to eat 2000 calories a day. Most days I'm just under that but it doesn't seem to be budging the scale any. Yesterday was a HUGE fried food day......coming home from the beach, we stopped at Ronnie's Seafood. SOOOO YUMMY. I just HAD to have my favorite fried scallops and chicken fingers..........Oh and of course a soft serve.....BUT I did only have a kiddie size (which by the way was still over a CUP of ice cream). Well, let me tell you, I had NO trouble hitting 2000 calories yesterday AND I did NOT get sad face on my chart for NOT eating enough fats. YUP, you guessed it, I got PLENTY of fats in. LOL However, I will say that I did get sad faces for cholesterol and sodium. OOPS :) I gotta feeling the scale will be MOVING now........ hahahahaha

****************

Back to reality today, but no regrets for yesterday. When I think of where I've come from; I used to eat that way 2-3 times a week!! NOT GOOD. Now I only treat myself once every few MONTHS... VERY GOOD. smiley faces for me!! :)

Thanks for reading. What's your story this week? I'd love to hear all about your ups and downs........or maybe you're doing great and don't need support? What's up?


Scripture for today:
"Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance (steadfastness) and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus". Romans 15:5

My prayer for all of us:
"God, please help us to remember that you have given us the "power of patient endurance (steadfastness)" to do your will. And I know that it is Your will for us to care for our bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit whom you have also given to us. Help us to be faithful stewards of what you have blessed us with! Amen

~M

0 comments: