Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Down to the Wire

Well Ma, I said I would do a post today. In typical fashion I have waited until the last minute :p While you will be reading this the day after you requested to see it (unless you're up late) I am still within my agreed upon timeline!

I am very glad that you are believing for this week to improve. I too am believing for an uplifted spirit as I head into my new job very soon. There is a sense that this field, now fallow, will shortly blossom as the fertilizer and seeds of growth incomprehensible to me at times even in the recent past, have nevertheless been tirelessly at work. It is time to work. Yay! And simultaneously, Boo!

Went grocery shopping the other day. It will be a lot easier when we have more income. One good victory, neither Janel nor I have had a fast food binge in over 5-6 weeks. There was a point before I came up to Massachusetts where I would eat fast food every day for a couple months at least! That is a victory I claim in Jesus' name :)

The last few days have been tough with bridal showers for Nicole and just a sense of blah. Janel has been sick and now I am sick. But we are staying focused and really wanting to succeed. No fast food, no sir! Eye on the prize and really looking to expand physical activity soon. That is a big road block for me at the moment and I could use some prayer to get started!

Love you all - and great job keeping this going Mom. I read whatever you have to say almost as soon as you say it! Keep it coming!

Adam

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yay!! You really ARE out there! Thanks for connecting. I've enjoyed reading your post. I'll pray for you to overcome the challenges of becoming more physically active. Love you lots!
~M

BigMac55 said...

Ditto...Yay...

It can be a challenge to forge new, healthy habits. The old comfort of fast food can be especially tough.

I am also fighting that battle daily. I have been concentrating on sustainable changes and I am doing OK. I'm not losing a ton, I'm not always counting (and that's a mistake) but I have lost another couple of pounds.

That let's me know that I have changed some fundamental behaviors.
I also realize that I am a hair's breadth away from the old habits if I don't choose the new ones daily.

It's just like salvation and sanctifiction. We get saved and turn away from our old ways, but we have to choose to keep going forward or we slip right back into the old ways and if we do it is tougher to try again, because we tell ourselves, "it won't work, why bother".

One step at a time guys. We don't have to worry about the end result, just do the right thing today.