Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tough week.........

this week has been a roller coaster of emotions for me. It's one of those things that is hard to put into words so I'll spare the ramblings and just say that I could really use some prayer. I'm struggling to keep my eyes on the Lord. Maybe because I haven't been to church in a couple of weeks. The week-ends have been full with "summer busy" activities; which were awesome and I wouldn't trade them, but now I can sure see a difference in my outlook and focus. UGH!! It's not pretty, that much I can tell you.

Scripture for today:
What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church. 1 Cor 14:26

My Prayer for today:
Father, help me to remember to think of others and not just myself. Sometimes in the midst of a trial, even if it's a little "t" trial; bringing a song and scripture or word of encouragement to someone else is the best way to improve our focus and get our eyes back where they should be......on Jesus!

Godspeed!

0 comments: