Thursday, September 17, 2009

2 and a half weeks later

I've been contemplating whether on not to keep up this post. It's a bit of a wonder if it's helping anyone besides me since there is not usually comment or other posting activity. So my conclusion is that, oh, yeah, it is actually helping me to get these thoughts down on "paper" and focus on a scripture and a prayer for the day. So here goes:

Lately I've been truly struggling with keeping up my exercise routine. I've been doing it, but I have to push myself on a daily basis. I can't figure out if it's just a phase I'm going through or maybe it's the weather getting colder so my joints are hurting more or if it's just a plain old lazy flesh thing.

God reminded me today that it's my job to remain vigilant and steadfast in my goals. If I focus on Him and not on my flesh; I remember to focus on seeking Him first, then I will see myself from a different perspective. I see that I am the temple of the Holy Spirit. He has entrusted me with a special gift of his Spirit. How then will I receive that gift? This now gives me a renewed vigor to keep myself healthy and continue the battle with my flesh to overcome being overweight and unhealthy.

I have to make the choice every day. Every time I walk the stairs at work, or go to the gym or walk the treadmill I have to make the choice. Will I honor God, my Father and provider; my redeemer and my healer.

Vigilant:
1.to keep watch, stay awake, from vigil awake
: alertly watchful especially to avoid danger
synonyms see watchful

Stead·fast: 1 a : firmly fixed in place : immovable b : not subject to change 2 : firm in belief, determination, or adherence
synonyms see faithful

My Scripture for today: 1 Peter 5: 8&9
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

My Prayer for today:
Father, it's true that we are weak in our flesh and it is sometimes easier that we'd like to admit to become lazy and lose sight of your teachings. Help us Lord, to be overcomers; vigilant and steadfast in our daily lives with each decision that comes our way to honor you. Help us to walk by your spirit who is within us and not by our flesh. We know we are not alone; so help us to remember to encourage one another every day.

0 comments: