Monday, September 28, 2009

Wait

Ps 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Quote: Hebrew words are best understood in the everyday, simple life of all Believers. When Hebrew turns “lights” on in passages like Isaiah 40:31: “they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength….” “Wait” in Isaiah 40:31 is the transliteration from the Hebrew hw"q;, which means ‘to twist, or to bind, whence a rope.’ This verse reveals the active nature of intertwining one’s life with the life of God. When intertwining is being done, that person is made strong.
I found this explanation for the Hebrew definition of the word wait on this site that talks about the importance of understanding Hebrew in the word of God. It certainly sheds new light on these passages in Isaiah for me.

I've been growing a bit weary lately in my excercise routine and in my healthy eating habits. I did not get to the gym once last week. I can really feel it too. Then at church yesterday the pastor asked a question. When was the last time you picked up your bible? I had to really think about that. I quickly thought, I pray a lot; I listen to christian music! But when I really answered the question, I had to admit that it had been quite a awhile since I had actually picked up the bible and fed on the word. No wonder I'm growing weary! No wonder my battery is getting sluggish. I have had no nurishment......duh!
Definitions:
Twist - To wind together (two or more threads, for example) so as to produce a single strand.
Wait - To remain or rest in expectation 2. tarry until another catches up
(Hebrew - to twist or bind or whence a rope)

My Scriptures for today:
Is 40:31 "But those who wait (twists his life with God's) on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
Ecclesiastes 4:12 A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
My Prayer for today: Father, teach me to wait (twist my life with yours). I choose to be intertwined with you. Thank you for the wake up call this week!
Challenge: Are you feeling weary and weak? Is your life intertwined with God's? Ask Him to show you the way.

2 comments:

BigMac55 said...

Really awesome blog today...
Thanks!

Kate said...

Thanks babe! I was floored when I looked up the hebrew meaning for wait. I've leaned on that scripture for 25 years and never realized the depth of what it means.