Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Are we there yet?

We are an impatient people aren't we. Well, I guess I should speak for myself; I was just hoping to have some company on this one. I AM impatient when I'm working toward something. I fully expect the results to be amazing every step of the way. For example, when I joined the gym a few months ago, I thought it would speed things up to getting me to my weight loss goal. Yes, by the way, I did get to the gym last night in case you were wondering. That was a victory in itself. And it just happened to be the week that I get weighed and measured........eeek! So overall the results are not bad, can you feel the but coming? BUT not that great either so I thought.

I've lost a total of 8 pounds and 11.5 inches. Sounds impressive doesn't it? However, if you stretch that out over the 15 weeks since I started it's .53 lbs and .73 inches lost per week. Now it's not so impressive is it? At least not to me at first glance. I went through my work out a teeny bit bummed out because I stayed EXACTLY the same over the last month.

Then it hit me on the way home. Wait a minute. This is GOOD news! You're making progress girl! That could have been an 8 pound GAIN........easily in days of old. Get rid of this "are we there yet?" attitude and adopt an "I'm on my way" mind set.

Bear with me for a moment........"stay the course, tow the line, steady as she goes, eye on the prize".............I couldn't resist. I'm a sucker for cliche's. Sometimes you just need a good old fashioned pep talk. :)

2 Scriptures for today:

Philippians 3:12-14
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Gal 6:8&9
8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Prayer for Today: We prayed yesterday to contually be intertwined with you, Father. In all things we need to abide in you including keeping our bodies fit to honor you. If we have our own 'house' in order, we can better minister to others. Your word gives us direction to press on toward the prize which is to be with you one day in heaven for all eternity. While we wait for you, Lord, sustain us so that we don't grow weary. Forgive us for losing site of this truth. I trust you for the harvest that is sure to come!

0 comments: