Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What Inspires Change in You?

I was listening to the radio station "The Message" XM32 on the way in to work today and the announcer was asking this question. What song inspires change in you? She played the song "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me. Definately a change inspiring song that challenges us to think about what it will be like to stand in God's presence one day. I encourage you to listen to it if you've never heard it before. So naturally I had to look up the definition of the word inspire. (See below)

That led me to ask myself what other things inspire change in me. It just so happens that I teach a ladies bible study at on Tuesday nights. We had taken a break over the summer and met for the first time again last night. It immediately struck me that being with these women inspires change in me. We had a fabulous discussion about where we are at and were we want to be. We looked at some scriptures that describe God's character and all agreed that we want to learn more about His nature and His character and what that means in each of our lives. We all wrote down our prayer requests in our new journals, agreed on the next study that we want to tackle and prayed together. Wow! I was left feeling very excited about reconnecting with these very talented women who are all very passionate about drawing closer to God. I'm motivated today to walk in His presence and be a light for Him.

Definitions:
Inspire - 1. To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence. 2. To stimulate to action; motivate 3. To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion 4. To stimulate energies, ideals, or reverence

Challenge for today: What inspires change in you? Is there someone in your life, a song or a favorite author. Share it with someone to "bless it forward".

Scripture for today: Hebrews 10: 24 & 25
24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

My prayer for today: Father, my prayer today is a prayer of thankfulness that you have given us each other for encouragement and inspiration. Each time we get together, You are there in the midst of us. Your word tells us that 2 are better than one and a three fold cord is not quickly broken. Help us to remember to reach out and bless someone today.

0 comments: