Wednesday, February 11, 2009

God given gifts

"I knew you were a demanding master reaping where you did not sew..so I hid my gift, here take what is yours...."

We all know how that ended up for the man who was too fearful to invest his talents. We are all talented and it shows in what we do. Every one of us is pretty successful in our careers and yet what about when it comes to ourselves? Are we investing our gifts wisely when it comes to finances, diet, and fitness?

One of the greatest gifts God gives us is our brain with it's ability to problem solve. Mankind has proven and scripture even says that, "nothing that they proposed to do was impossible to them".

Why is it then we suffer? Is it non belief? It could be. The ability to visualize and believe something is often the key to achieving success.

When it comes to losing weight, allow me to share some logical observations.
When we began the weight challenge, I said to myself , "calories in /calories out", that seems simple enough. As you know, I calculated what should have been my daily caloric output and then decided on a daily calorie intake.

In the last month I have lost 17 pounds. I am down 32 from the actual beginning but since the initial loss also reflects a lot of water or fluid loss, I started from where the graph seemed to flatten out. 17 pounds represents 14, 875 calories if you use the standard measure of 3500 calories per pound.
This means that I would have had a caloric deficit of 2125 calories per day.

Well, there you go. Science! Cool! Fitday says my daily caloric need is about 4100 per day and I am eating about 1800 per day . Hey, 2300 per day , it works!

Allowing for my inexact journaling of my food choices and the approximation that fitday makes about your caloric needs this is almost spot on.

I wish you all the best. Don't forget in the struggle of life, we have been equipped by God with all we need to thrive. Get your talents out from under the rock and invest them for the glory of God and the kingdom!

May God richly bless you and give you peace....

Pops

2 comments:

nicole m said...

I'm getting so excited to see you all again and meet the rest of the family. 1 month till the cruise!!!

BigMac55 said...

We are so excited to spending a week with you guys floating around the Carribean. WOW! Can't wait!